Monday, 13 January 2014

Welcome to my blog!

I can't say that I have put a ton of thought into this blog idea, but here I am!  Domain created and writing my first post.  I find myself at home with my 6 week old son, and coming up with a thousand craft projects I want to made, or should I say finish!  Let's back up and provide some context. I have always been a crafter, as a kid my Dad created a 10 foot long workstation for me in our basement.  It was a scrap piece of laminate counter top attached to the basement studs with pegboard to hang all my accessories and craft supplies.  I would spend hours at my workstation, painting, gluing, creating and dreaming.  Like any good crafter, my workstation was cluttered and littered with projects-gone-bad and other such disasters.  Every so often the organizational side would take over and it would get cleaned up; complete with labels on every hanger so that should anyone else in my house happen upon my workstation for some fun-with-bees wax, they would know exactly where the supplies could be found!  Looking back, I long for that same dedicated space and time to be able to create.  While in my last term of university, I took a quilting class.  I was the only student in the class, and so I had great instruction and made my first quilt for my mom for Christmas in 2004.  It probably only took 3 classes for me to get hooked on Quilting!  I loved it, and still do.  Its the perfect blend of planning/organizing,creativity, math/geometry and progress.  As I have continued to quit and meet lots of other quilters it turns out that I have the typical quilters mentality; I have more projects started than finished!  Which brings me to this current maternity leave from work.  The bins are getting organized and projects are going to get finished!  Note I didn't say how many were going to get finished!!

So this blog will be dedicated to helping me stay accountable for these projects that I want to finish.  Somehow if I write it down and share it with others, I have a fighting chance of completing some of these projects!  So join me on this journey through my mat leave....


1 comment:

  1. Love that you're doing this, both the blog and the projects! Can't wait to see and read what you do next.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
My name is Kristin. I am a married mother of two little boys. When I am not on maternity leave I work full time in the consumer products industry as a supply chain logistics manager. I started this blog to track and commit to completing many unfinished quilting and other sewing projects while on maternity leave. As I learn and create I will share lots of pictures and tutorials here so that others may create too.